Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Senior Electrical Engineer needed in Covington, LA.
Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for implementing and executing electrical engineering and design procedures in the execution of company contracts on jobsites across North America
- Work globally with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, IT, automation and Instrumentation to contribute to concept designs, detailed designs, project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development
- Evaluate and implement designs to ensure that all regional, national and international regulations, standards and codes are being adhered to throughout the project life cycle
- Assist Project Managers with the development of scope, schedule, and budget of
Electrical Engineering elements of projects
- Generate design specifications, detailed scope of work documents, test protocols and test reports for a wide range of industrial and commercial electrical applications including plant upgrades, motor upgrades (including VSD and Fixed Speed Motor Controller installation and integration into existing facilities), and MCC upgrades (this is for LV and MV)
- Lead the development of internal electrical engineering standards and procedures
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved
- Review and approval of electrical related deliverables (designs, proposals, scope of works etc.) generated within and those generated by external partner companies and individuals
- Conduct onsite visits and installation coordination for design tasks
- Develop and supervise robust site survey procedures to allow both concept stage and detailed design stage design and pricing.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
If you are interested, apply now.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant industrial electrical project and design engineering experience.
- The candidate is preferred to be a registered, active Professional Engineer (PE). If the candidate is not a PE, the candidate shall display a willingness to sit for the PE Exam to obtain licensure in the near future.
• Computer Skills- Microsoft Office Suite (including Project), AutoCAD knowledge.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Strong communication skills to facilitate close work with clients, field personnel, and internal departments to achieve deadlines with quality work.
• Strong understanding of industry design standards such as NFPA 70/?0E and IEEE NESC
• Ability to travel to job sites, both domestic and international.
• Clean criminal record so that admittance to plants and countries is not hindered.
• Demonstrated and practiced ethics and morals to benefit the employee, the company, the engineering profession, and the public.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.