Director of Quality needed in Battle Creek, MI.
The Director of Quality Engineer- New Products Introduction & validation (Lab) is responsible for creating the midterm and long-term strategy for design, product and process quality for all new products and make/execute continuous quality system improvement for all new projects to ensure sustainable customer satisfaction. The incumbent serves as the face to OEM customers aril decision making authority over the shipment of any product or products during APQP/Internal Milestone management until the start of production. He/she also works intimately with suppliers and product design and lead quality improvement for the design, process, and product quality.
The Director of Quality is a key leader of the Thermal Americas Center (TAC) leadership team / Regional Quality leader from global team, or global headquarter and has the responsibility to develop the TAC NPI & Lab Quality organization by promoting consistency and sharing the best quality practices and engineering insight of design & manufacturing quality perspective. The position originates from the need to continuously support TAC’s expanded manufacturing capabilities while maintaining and continuous improvement quality.
Establish NA regional laboratory roadmap and an agenda for capability & capacity excellence and facilitate the achievement of the roadmap and agenda milestones by working with NA Affiliate Company (DMCN/DMAR/DNMX) and global headquarter.
Establish NA regional Quality Engineering roadmap and an agenda for capability excellence and facilitate the achievement of the roadmap and agenda milestones to align with NA business target and future strategy. The director has the responsibility for organizational capability excellence and clear
direction for the future organization and drive changes for the results as needed.
Ensure excellence quality performance of NPl projects, managing design, product, and process quality through early stage control, and drive Early Detection and Early Resolution activity to eliminate quality risk.
Ensure that customer complaints/concerns are addressed quickly and completely with customers and within. This includes understanding the root use of the complaint/concern and taking effective and timely corrective actions.
If you are interested, apply now.
• A Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree of science degree in science or engineering with at least eight years of relevant quality and/or manufacturing experience.
• A minimum of four years of leading a small team of at least 12 professional quality associates or engineers.
• A minimum of five years of working with Tier I Automotive Customers.
• Five years’ experience working with and/or certifying suppliers.
• Demonstrated experience developing strategy and leading policy changes across multiple regions (population of at least 4,000 associates).
• Strong understanding of IATF 16949 or TS16949 past auditor exposure.
• Prior exposure to Thermal Product Design, Process Engineering, Machine Design, and/or Quality Engineering is strongly preferred.
• Proven understanding of practices in quality assurance methods & continuous improvements (statistical, measurement, testing, auditing).
• Experience at Japanese company preferred.
• 10-15% travel required.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.