Security Engineer needed in Boston, MA.
The Security Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing the right solutions and developing/executing the best strategies to protect the internal network from unauthorized access and safeguard systems and data.
As part of the Information Security team, the Security Engineer will help to ensure that the network is secured from any internal or external security threats and incidents. The Security Engineer will design and implement new architecture to protect company. He/She will also be responsible for identifying hardware or software issues that could be a future vulnerability and will work with others to help change the existing architecture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Engineer, implement, and monitor security measure for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
• Maintain a security posture that stays ahead of the evolving threat landscape.
• Build, configure, and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
• Develop host hardening requirements and assist with provisioning automation.
• Perform vulnerability testing, risk analysis, and security assessments.
• Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
• Investigate intrusion incidents, conduct forensic investigations, and mount incident responses.
• Contribute to our evolving incident response processes, recommending refinements based on lessons learned.
• Integrate existing and new tools and supporting resources into our security intelligence platform, with the goal of deriving actionable data.
• Keep current with the latest news and events surrounding cyber threats and security.
• Evaluate new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
• Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria.
• Deliver technical reports and formal papers on test findings.
• Act as a trusted advisor to our internal teams, providing guidance and requirements to ensure projects are conducted securely and comply with our regulatory commitments.
• Provide security guidance for changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications, and user needs.
• Define, implement, and maintain corporate security policies.
If you are interested, apply now.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or information technology discipline, or equivalent experience.
• Three or more years’ experience as an Information Security Engineer with a solid network engineering background, with five or more years of Information Systems networking and/or information security experience.
• CISSP certification is a plus.
• Cloud security experience is a plus.
• Experience with HIPAA compliance is a plus.
• Experience with incident response and forensic investigation best practices is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of L4-L7 protocols such as SSL, HTTP, DNS, SMTP and IPSec.
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching, and encryption technologies and standards.
• Conceptual understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain.
• Strong capacity to understand vectors and the risks associated with them.
• Experience with deploying and managing distributed architecture layer 7 firewalls.
• Experience in defining, deploying, and verifying host hardening.
• Experience with IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing.
• Experience with application security, secure coding practices, ethical hacking and threat modeling.
• Experience with virtualization technologies.
• Knowledge of identity and access management principles.
• Experience with advanced malware, phishing and social engineering, and enhanced authentication.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Strong security policy knowledge and experience.
• Understanding of incident investigations processes and reporting.
• Strong ability to clearly communicate and document complex concepts.
• Must be able to work occasional nights and weekends.
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship or restriction.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.