Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CNC Set-up Operator needed in North Charleston, SC.
Our client, located in N. Charleston, SC has an opening for a Setup Operator . The Set Up Operator will lead the transition/changeover between production runs on various CNC machines such as mills and lathes then operate select machines through the remainder of the production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell. The Essential Functions Include: • Able to perform all functions of the operator role of designated machine(s) at Fully Trained expertise level • Properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up • Perform part changeover including program retrieval and input • Effectively use pre-setter arm or tool setter and comp tools • Establish Z set-up position for sub-spindle • Calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets • Change out all tooling and properly build mill tools • General understanding of CNC programs • Recognize, clear or eliminate machine alarms • Troubleshoot and eliminate variations that are out of process; i.e. run-out, flatness problems. • Cross train other employees in machine operations • Follow all safety policies and standards • Fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System • Maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles • Read machine programs and perform speeds and feeds edits under engineering guidelines. • Display management of part specific tooling packages on up to 30 tools per part • Utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing results to make adjustments to work offsets 2nd and 3rd shift openings available for direct hire. If you are interested, apply now.
• Ability to understand, comprehend, and interpret the decimal system in order to measure down to .0001
• Able to read and interpret blueprints
• Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Understand and demonstrate ability to use gauging equipment.
• High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
• Must have a minimum of (3) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and /or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
• (1) year experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
• Able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
• Able to perform basic shop math.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
• Ability to pass any pre-employment screenings
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
• Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
• Experience with CNC or conversational programming
• Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.)
• Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
• Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
• PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc…) with ability to learn other programs
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.