Intermediate Mechanical Engineer needed in Auburn Hills, MI.
The Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate will be responsible for the design, development and release efforts for automotive components from inception to production. The Mechanical Engineer – Intermediate will be involved with current production components in addition to future development programs. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Design vehicle components from concept and prototype build levels to production, including characteristics from Lessons Learned in other programs and the COE engineering requirements.
• Develop statement of work/source package for the component supplier.
• Assess component suppliers to determine their technical competence to manufacture the component.
• Develop DFMEA’s to identify potential failure modes and DVP&Rs to ensure that functional objectives are met by the component design and validation is completed.
• Design the component for manufacturability and assembly, as well as work with other Product Engineers with interfacing components and systems.
• Participate in post-test reviews including failure analysis, and work closely with suppliers and manufacturing plants to ensure that design changes are robust and feasible for manufacturing.
• Lead global cross functional teams to develop parts which meet all regions requirements.
• Define “No Touch” zones on the components during assembly.
• Critique the manufacturing equipment and functions on the supplier floor with Supplier Quality engineer.
• Assess near production level parts, material dunnage and line delivery plans with the global teams, including the suppliers.
• Track warranty items, work with supplier quality personnel to address manufacturing and quality concerns.
• Deliver all functional and manufacturing aspects for the component.
If you are interested, apply now.
•BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
•3-5 years plus related experience with mechanical engineering component design
•Good communication, presentation and technical report writing skills (comfortable interfacing with business partners of all levels).
•Engineer must be experienced with basic PC software (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
•Good teamwork skills, ability to work independently and to manage suppliers
•Knowledge of releasing process, DFMEA’s, DVP’s and root cause analysis methodologies.
•MBA or Master of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering field from an ABET accredited university
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.