Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Developmental Engineer needed in Auburn Hills, MI.
The Development Engineer is responsible for the development and validation of electric vehicle power electronics and electrified vehicle systems/devices for passenger cars and trucks. The Engineer will develop efficient and cost-effective power electronics using cutting edge technologies, the latest test and evaluation equipment/laboratory, and robust simulation tools. Develop power electronic devices DVP & R. Define and carry out all required development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals. Participate in supplier assessments and post-test inspection reviews, including detailed failure analysis. Work closely with the chosen suppliers and manufacturing entities to ensure designs are robust to customer requirements, meet exact function, and are manufacturable without defect. Tests finished product for quality purposes and recommends changes to product specifications as necessary. The Development Engineer will define and carry out all required bench development/validation testing to ensure achievement of all functional objectives and assure compliance to program goals.
If you are interested, apply now.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in electronics and circuit design and/or development
• Demonstrable understanding of power electronics and devices
• DVP&R and DFMEA creation & execution experience
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Understanding of Electrical Engineering standards/protocols, and of power electronics/devices * Highly motivated and self-starter
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
• 2-5 years of experience
• Power electronics / electrical models, simulation experience, and FEA
• Power electronics specifications expertise
• Electric motor & powertrain controls experience
• Design and release experience
• Strongly prefer previous hybrid / high voltage experience
• Experienced with supplier program management.
• Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record.
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.