Tool & Die Specialist/Mold Maker needed in Evart, MI.
Trillium Staffing is currently seeking a Journeyman Mold Maker/Tool & Die Specialist responsible for injection and mold maintenance, repair and mechanical function.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Disassembly and assembly of molds.
• Repair, modify and/or adjust molds.
• Examine molds to determine feasibility of repairs or modifications.
• Diagnose problems and determine corrective actions.
• Polishing, benching, spotting, grinding, drilling, machining, fitting and welding.
• Ensure molds are in proper mechanical working order.
• Perform preventive mold maintenance by following the preventive maintenance procedure.
• Complete all paperwork relating to mold repairs, mold maintenance and other company documents as required.
• Electrical repair including hot runner manifolds, limit switches, etc.
• Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, approaches or conclusions to problems.
• Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Determine the appropriate type of tools and equipment necessary to complete prescribed work.
• Manage one’s own time and the time of others.
• Use of mathematics to solve problems.
• Communicating both verbal and written to others to convey information effectively.
• Ability to teach others.
• Standing / Walking: 90%
• Bend/Twist (Rotate body): Often
• Lifting: Up to 100 pounds
• Pushing / Pulling: Up to 100 pounds
• Additional physical demands: Stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching are required.
The pay starts at $26 per hour for a 3 month probationary period.
This is a 5 year contract assignment.
Someone with flexibility to work all shifts is needed. Candidate will most likely be working 2nd or 3rd shift.
If you are interested, apply now.
- At least 5 years experience in injection mold repair, molding automotive-based products preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Journeyman Mold Maker certification.
- Fork Lift and Crane Certifications.
- LOTO procedures.
- Internal applicants must satisfactorily pass the Skilled Trades Aptitude test.
- Detailed knowledge of:
Welding and spotting
Hand-working grain repair
Hot runner function and repair including all electrical components, electric, pneumatic and hydraulic valve gates
Basic CAD concepts
Operating experience with lathes including cutting threads, vertical milling machines, surface grinder and other metal working equipment.
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.