Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Scale Clerk needed in Urbana, IL.
Trillium Staffing is currently seeking a scale clerk on 1st shift. This is a temp to hire position, working Monday-Friday, 7:45am-4:15pm and Saturday 7:30am-noon.
The employee in this position will weigh and inspect all incoming vehicles. In addition, the job will require the dispatching of trucks for local pick-ups as well as local and long distance deliveries. This employee reports directly to the Manager.
Commercial duties include:
1. Inspect & weigh all incoming traffic
2. Inspect all outgoing scrap
3. Grade and price scrap to be purchased in accordance with the marketing guidelines set forth by the Director of Marketing
4. Dispatch roll-off trucks to local factories/businesses or other job sites for scrap pick-ups.
5. Dispatch company and leased semi-trucks for local and long-distance deliveries, creating the necessary bills of lading / paperwork that is necessary
Operational duties include:
1. Perform general clerical duties such as filing, record-keeping, and typing are completed in an accurate and professional manner
2. Order parts and supplies as needed (for the office), or as directed by the General Manager.
3. Maintain good service relations with vendors, employees, and outside customers.
4. Assist in coordination of equipment transportation to and from job sites.
5. Assist in the coordination of special projects
Clerical duties include:
1. Cash disbursements
2. Opening and closing of the scale
If you are interested, apply now.
-High School diploma or equivalent with additional training
-Good communication and math skills
-Basic computer literacy in spreadsheets, word processing, and Shared Logic
-Scrap purchasing experience is desired
-Retail experience a plus
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.