Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Advanced Capital Buyer needed in Maryville, TN.
Under limited supervision, manages larger and/or more complex purchases and suppliers that have higher impact on the organization’s products, processes and budget. Develops and implements procurement plans and strategies to support forecasted needs for commodities. Establishes and implements strategies for negotiating commodity purchase agreements based on in-depth knowledge of foreign and domestic markets for optimum pricing and terms. Ability to analyze unit pricing in order to validate price quotations and to support strategic cost reduction activity. Purchases commodities in accordance with approved buying programs, using trade judgment in implementation and/or the established procurement policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops commodity-based strategies to achieve company and program cost reduction objectives utilizing global costing knowledge. Obtains materials from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source, and urgency of need.
• Responsible for the contracting and purchase of capital equipment & production tooling in accordance with company policies, procedures and strategic objectives.
• Utilizes knowledge of supplier cost structure (e.g. labor cost contribution, mark-up, purchased component costs and percentage, fabrication) to analyze global cost competitiveness to achieve cost reduction objectives.
• Issues RFQ Package (commercial requirements, scope of work, CAD/drawings) equally across supplier panel. Acknowledges receipt and facilitates technical reviews when required.
• Analyzes supplier quote & concept, understands and communicates variances in quoted cost attributable to variability in quoted concepts.
• Manages and drives supply base cost reduction activity including pricing negotiations, working capital improvement, global market testing, competitive supply base development & VA/VE activity.
• Actively participates in business pursuits in coordination with global CFT members including supply base development activities for new manufacturing technologies, targeted cost reductions and supports process optimization in cooperation with Process Engineering.
• Key contributor for customer pricing quotation analysis. Provides budgetary pricing and landed cost estimates for primary program processes and remains actively involved in improving Dura’s competitiveness.
• Ensures supplier accountability is contracted accordingly to specified equipment and tooling performance requirements. Supports engineering/production in the event supplier breaches performance contract during acceptance testing and warranty period.
• Remains vigilant on protecting intellectual property.
• Leads Capital Equipment sourcing team activities and recommends supplier based on most competitive price that meets timing and expectations.
• Maintains approved supplier list and all appropriate sourcing and contract information.
• Supports APQP process.
• Stays current on regional and global trade markets including import tariffs/duty and foreign exchange currency markets.
If you are interested, apply with us today.
• Minimum 4 years diversified purchasing or capital equipment development or related experience.
• Ability to apply quantitative analysis skills with a solid understanding of material, labor, burden structures, and cost drivers.
• Ability to develop and implement comprehensive commodity strategies to reduce costs and ensure effective supplier performance.
• Strong communication skills: verbal and written.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
• Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving.
• Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and database applications
Trillium Technical has been recruiting and placing Engineering professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees with an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of Engineering professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.