Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring a Shop Supervisor for direct-hire in Arlington!
Trillium Staffing now has a direct hire opportunity for a Shop Supervisor with 100% paid benefits! The Supervisor will support in the management of day to day activities of workers engaged in servicing and repair of equipment; perform various administrative duties in support of this function. The shift is 12am-8:30am or 8pm-4:30am. The pay is $48k-$60k+, depending on experience.
Job duties include:
-Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs for equipment; prioritize work orders and assign work orders to Diesel Mechanics
-Provide effective, timely communication with direct reports, management, company employees and vendors
-Maintain appropriate inventory level; order parts and supplies as required
-Effectively communicate policies and procedures and related updates in a timely manner
-Ensure inventory levels are adequate for efficient maintenance delivery
-Ensure shop and yard areas are appropriately maintained; report and/or arrange for repair of faulty equipment and potentially hazardous conditions; conduct regular safety checks
-Assist and collaborate with payroll to ensure accurate time entry for payroll purposes, as applicable
-Work collaboratively with Terminal management and employees to ensure safety and quality requirements are met
-Provide required reports and reconciliations
-Advise and provide training for Diesel Mechanics and Welders as needed
-Lead, manage and develop direct reports fairly and equitably
If you’re interested in this full-time, direct-hire opportunity, please apply today!
* High school graduate or equivalent
* 2 + years years experience in a vehicle repair facility or similar work environment
* Working experience on maintenance requirements for Diesel Class 8 trucks/trailers (MUST HAVE WORKED UNDER DIESEL HOOD)
* Previous experience managing in a union environment is preferred
* Diesel Mechanic certification(s) preferred
* Working knowledge of industry software
* Working knowledge of basic computer programs to include Microsoft Office
* Working knowledge and understanding of DOT/MOT/JWC/OSHA/OSHA Intl./CCOHS regulations, as applicable
* Welding & fabrication experience/knowledge is preferred
Trillium has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.