Senior Estimator needed in the Las Vegas, NV area!
Trillium Construction is currently seeking a Senior Estimator for work in the Las Vegas, NV area.
The Senior Estimator will prepare accurate and timely cost estimates for construction projects based on project drawings and specifications, knowledge of construction practice, and profitability goals. This role will serve as a consultant for business development and project management teams.
• Review construction project plans, requirements, drawings and specifications
• Visit the site; gather comprehensive information on access to the site and the availability of services as well as surface topography and drainage
• Compile and analyze data on all of the factors that can influence costs
• Communicate with clients and analyze their requirements
• Complete quantity survey (take-off)
• Prepare accurate and thorough estimates and associated information for bid in a timely manner
• Maintain current documentation and data according to company standards
• Participate in presentations for both project delivery and business development purposes
• Generate RFIs to clarify bid documents
• Determine scope of work in contract documents, select and invite subcontractors to bid on project
• Actively solicit and pre-qualify subcontractor partnerships
• Use information available and background knowledge to assemble complete list of competent bidders to solicit bids from
• Coordinate blueprint/drawing distribution to subcontractors and obtain bids
• Qualify subcontract proposals. Analyze and mitigate potential risk
• Interview and select winning subcontractors
• Buy out the job and write subcontracts
• Prepare certain information for the in-house pre-construction meeting
• Review forecast reports and give input to the PM
• Remain a member of the team throughout the project and assist the PM with subcontractors
• Gather historical cost data as the job progresses
• Procedural improvement recommendations
Apply online today!
• Experience working in a team environment
• 2 years’ successful track record in commercial and/or retail estimating for a general contractor
• Excellent customer service skill set
• Travel often required to attend pre-job meetings, visit potential job sites and meet with owners and other members of the project team
• Strong working knowledge of computer applications
• Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook experience
• Primebid, Timberline experience is preferred
• Ability to interpret all levels of drawings from the conceptual through the construction phase of design, narratives, outlines and specifications
• Solid analytical and mathematical skills
• Ability to pass any pre-employment screenings
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 30 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have any questions about this position Click Here.
Contact Us if you have any questions
One moment please while we grab your information.