Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Now hiring an Estimator in Los Angeles, CA! Direct Hire opportunity!
Trillium Construction is currently seeking an Estimator for our client, a fast-paced general contractor, who is looking to join their team! The ideal candidate is a Project Coordinator or Project Manager seeking a career move into Estimation. and is familiar with the aspirations and demands of world class construction management firm, with dozens of projects continuously in the pipeline.
• Accurately price projects using up-to-date knowledge of industry norms, RS Means data, quotes supplied by subcontractors, and other sources of information.
• Conduct job walks to ensure complete understanding of various projects, both prospective and in-progress.
• Collaborate with design professionals to clarify where drawings need more specification.
• Request bids from subcontractors for each project as necessary, verifying that proposed bids cover the scope of performance required by drawings.
• Prepare complete project proposals, having cost codes that are coordinated with the accounting department’s cost codes, and having ensured that there are no gaps in the price estimation.
• Estimate likely duration of projects, accounting for lead time issues.
• Periodically audit and revise estimates, tracking changes to the scope of work and to price movement through successive modifications and re-bidding.
• Provide timely information and other support to Project Managers and Project Engineers for any scope, lead-time, or pricing issues (particularly regarding the Schedule of Values) that arise during the project.
• Use cloud-based management IT systems to improve teamwork and collaboration.
Other position details:
• Full-time, at-will position.
• Exempt, with benefits.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
If you meet the qualifications below, please apply today by clicking the Apply Now button!
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- 3+ years of experience as an Estimator in a commercial construction context.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong IT skills, including the use of Excel, Outlook, and construction management software systems (i.e., Autodesk BIM 360 or others).
- Experience estimating several commercial projects at once, with projects ranging from $200k - $10MM in size.
- Continuing education credits or professional certification for industry standards (i.e., LEED certification).
- Specialization in restaurant franchise systems is a plus, with proven ability to work closely with franchisees and franchisors.
- Able to competently read and understand blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to pass pre-employment screenings.
Trillium Construction Services has been recruiting and hiring construction and skilled trades talent for over 30 years. Our commitment to our employees extends well beyond their time with us. Trillium Construction Services is proud to offer free online skilled trades training to all of our employees to help them progress in their career. For more information on our training program please visit www.learnwithtrillium.com. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
One moment please while we grab your information.