Farmington Hills, Michigan - Posted on January 24, 2013
Published By Catherine Hamel
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CES has an urgent need for a Transmission Engineer with engine transmission/oil pump experience. This is a direct, full-time position.
The engineer is responsible for working with the customer throughout the engine development process to implement oil pump designs in the market for engine applications. The engineer will lead a global design team and coordinate assignments and feedback. The engineer is responsible to attend meetings with and work closely with the customer and ensure customer functional requirements are being met. Utilize robust engineering tools such as boundary diagrams, P-Diagrams, and FMEA’s to drive design and development. Work with Client and customer design and manufacturing teams to determine root cause and implement corrective actions on design and/or manufacturing issues. Prepare and present Design Reports internally and to the customer. Complete customer prints and stack-ups to ensure component FIT/function. Work with and interface with component suppliers in North America to support the design and assist in supplier selection for new business. The engineer will also support and
implement ongoing cost reductions actions for programs.
* Possess a bachelor or masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Engine Transmission and Oil Pump experience is required.
* An experienced professional with excellent interpersonal, time management, and leadership skills.
* Experience interfacing with and working with customers
* Have a minimum of 2 years applicable experience in automotive design and development, oil
pump knowledge is preferred
* Have a working knowledge of internal combustion engines
* Experience with CAD software (ID-DEAS, CATIA, UG)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
* Possess the ability to coordinate several projects and work with minimal Supervision
* Domestic/International travel is required.
* Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience with PCs and application software, such as MS Office tools and Lotus Notes are also required.
Computer and Engineering Services, Inc. (CES) has been recruiting and placing professionals for 30 years. We are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including holidays, vacation, 401(k), health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, training, and tuition reimbursement. CES, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.