Auburn Hills, Michigan - Posted on July 17, 2012
Published By Jessica Evans
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CES, Inc. has an indefinite opportunity available with our Fortune 500 client for a Project Manager.
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Leads and directs the work of others. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Position Description: TAG (Tooling Analysis Group) Gage Engineer The TAG Purchasing & Supplier Quality organization has a Gage Engineer position available. Responsibilities of this position include:* Providing Technical Feasibility expertise working with engineering to ensure that a part can be Tooled, Manufactured, and Gauged. Responsible to ensure the tooling is of excellent quality, meets all of the requirements, and will last the life of the program. * Development of Source Package’s including the RFQ, based from preliminary Product Design Data, GD&T, Gage construction / content experience, Part Inspection and Lessons Learned. * Technical expertise requirements include: Various types of Gauging experience of plastic, sheet metal, and cast parts. o GD&T / Dimensional Engineering experience. Statistical Process Control “SPC” experience. Gage Design and Build experience. Dimensional Inspection / Validation experience of Tooling and Parts using various types of equipment. Skills to perform Gage R and Gage R&R Studies. Skills to perform and identify Capacity / Technical reviews of Tool Suppliers. Skills to perform Tooling Cost and Timing evaluations / reconciliations. Skills to Identify CN Change modifications required to manufacture a dimensionally correct and functional gage.* Project Management expertise requirements include: Program Managing Commodity sets of Tools. Tracking and Reporting Status of Tooling. Capacity and Technical reviews of Tool Supplier’s. Tooling Cost and Timing Analysis / Management of programs.
- Mechanical or Technical Engineering degree
* Minimum of 5 plus years working experience in the Design / Build / Dimensional Inspection / Final Validation of all types of Gage Tooling constructed to validate the part qualification process from Molds / Dies or other means of manufacturing parts and vehicle assemblies.
- Proficient in all aspect of the Technical requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems to perform Quality System Audits with suppliers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Catia, NX, and Team Center.
- Production engineering experience in the manufacturing of molded plastic, stampings and/or cast parts.
- Experience in Tooling Cost and Timing negotiations and collaboration.
- Knowledge of Tool Verification process
- Knowledge of CN Change Management System
- Knowledge of PPAP process.
- Self-motivated / Sense of Ownership / Sense of urgency / Multi-Tasking.* Strong Project Management skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communication, analytical and negotiation skills
- Some overtime/weekend hours required
- Some travel required
- Experience presenting to senior management
Computer and Engineering Services (CES), Inc. is committed to providing its clients with highly qualified, technical professionals. Candidates have been interviewed and screened to meet our client’s placement and contract requirements. CES strives to provide employees with the benefits, services and assignments to attain their personal and professional goals.
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.