Molding Technology Manager
Romeo, Michigan - Posted on May 22, 2012
Published By Catherine Hamel
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Direct hire/Permanent position! Urgent need for a Molding Technology Manager. Must have the Bachelor Degree, Management, and strong Molding Technology experience.
The Molding Technology Manager (MTM) is responsible for leading all strategic aspects of molding technology being developed and deployed internally and through our supplier partners. He/she is responsible for understanding the state of the art, from a tooling, part design and processing standpoint, and selectively and strategically applying technology to develop and maintain a competitive advantage for our products made using molding methods.
He/she is also responsible for the tactical deployment of molding technology, assuring the gate review process is followed, ultimately delivering tools and processes that are production ready, when promised, at the production and tooling costs established. He/she is the person responsible to assure the needs of both Product Engineering and the intended production operation are met.
* Work with the Quote Manager and Buyer to develop molding concepts and estimates in support of winning new business.
* Work with purchasing to select and develop our supply base (tooling, components, molded parts, ancillary equipment, materials.)
* Lead the execution of the elements of the Program Management Process (PMP) related to molding and molded products. This includes assuring representation at all gate review as requested by the Program Managers and leading the tooling related gate reviews, assuring required documentation is developed and communicated.
* Develop, maintain and communicate detailed standards for mold design and processing, assure best practices are captured and employed.
* Communicate and coordinate with global molding team members to assure the best methods and suppliers are being evaluated around the globe, and to support selection of Best Cost Country (BCC) suppliers.
* The MTM will assure tooling plans including Pert Charts, Gant Charts, Open Issues Logs, Budgets and Spending Plans, and Risk Mitigations Plans are in place and being maintained by the Tooling Engineers.
* The MTM will assure systems are in place to manage all material, processing or tooling changes.
* As leader of the molding technology team, the MTM is the primary point of contact for all internal and external communication regarding molding technology. The MTM is to assure the Mold Engineer provides information to enable the PM to keep status reports and program documentation current.
* As part of the responsibility of assuring the tooling and technology deployment is progresses according to schedule, the MTM will work directly with vendors, customers and managers of internal resources.
* The MTM will facilitate problem solving sessions as needed to assure issues are being addressed in a * The MTM must be willing to travel, as required, to support the global customer and supplier development.
* The MTM will coordinate with the PMs or CI Manager regarding all molding related expenditures.
* The MTM is a key participant in optimizing the cross-functional design review process.
* Assist in communicating company policy and any changes of the policy.
* Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or Science discipline
* Minimum seven years of experience leading molding efforts and tooling development
* Experience including development and production of components used in the automotive industry
* Communication skills, written and oral
* Effective problem solving skills
* CAD skills adequate to support the evaluation of part and tool designs
* Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.