Test Technician-Chassis/Shock Absorber/Hydraulic
Farmington Hills, Michigan - Posted on April 30, 2012
Published By Eric Kronner
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
Urgent need for a Test Technician-Chassis/Shock Absorber/Hydraulic.
The primary responsibility of this position is to build and test shock absorbers to support vehicle dynamics testing internally and at customer proving grounds facilities.
This position will be responsible for the support of equipment calibration and maintenance of test equipment. This includes working with calibration and equipment repair companies. This position requires extensive field support and will be required to support activity at local customer locations including Dearborn, Chelsea, and Milford
Up to 40% travel required, including international
* Building and testing shock absorbers to support customer tuning activity
* Operate and maintain tuning trailer, hydraulic test equipment, and test parts
* Maintain records of tuning work and test data, must be familiar with Microsoft Excel
* Interface with the customer independently or as part of a small team
* Prepare test parts, tools, equipment for international and domestic development trips
* Must be able to multitask and work efficiently in a fast paced environment
* Having a flexible schedule that allows for significant travel, especially during the winter months.
* Detail oriented, must have the ability to work accurately with small, fine tolerance components.
* 2 year associates degree (preferred, but not required).
* Have minimum 2 years applicable experience in component testing;
* Ability to read blueprints/drawings and GD&T to support fabrication is essential.
* Have knowledge of TS16949 requirements to support job responsibilities;
* Valid driving license and excellent driving record;
* Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
* Experience with PCs and application software, such as MS Office tools is necessary.
* Experience with the following is desired, (not required)
* MTS Equipment programming software (MPT, Damper Test systems, etc.)
* Prosig Data Acquisition Software and DATS Post Processing
* CDL and Fabrication/Welding experience preferred but not required
* Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required, as are strong verbal and written communication skills. This position will be expected to perform
miscellaneous department functions as requested.
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.