Farmington Hills, Michigan - Posted on October 29, 2012
Published By Christopher Buchanan
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
CES has a direct, full-time opportunity for a degreed Suspension Engineer II (Shock Absorber Development).
The primary responsibility of this position includes, but is not limited to:
* Individual will be responsible for shock absorber product development with respect to vehicle ride and handling targets.
* Individual will be responsible for developing advanced technology suspension systems with
respect to vehicle ride and handling.
* Component level testing and assembly/disassembly of shock absorbers.
* Vehicle level testing at customer proving grounds in the US and Europe.
* Perform vehicle level instrumented objective testing.
* Maintain development tuning logs reflecting vehicle and component testing performed.
* Ensure product specifications meet internal and customer performance requirements.
* Release for manufacturing accurate specifications for shock absorber internals.
* Coordinate development resources (trailers, tools, parts, technicians) and workload to ensure
customer needs are met.
* Conduct and/or support lab testing necessary for related product.
* Approximately 40% travel required, including some international.
* Knowledge of TS16949 requirements to support job responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will:
* Possess at least a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Have a minimum of 3-5 years of development experience in ride and handling development
* Excellent driving record, ability to drive manual transmission
* Be proficient with:
* Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Microsoft Project
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.