Lansing, Michigan - Posted on July 23, 2012
Published By Michelle Evans
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
A well established company in the Lansing area is searching for a “Hand-On” candidate to begin as a Mechanical Technician!
The Mechanical/Process Technician supports engineering activities related to production, process testing of product equipment, and assembling or disassembling prototype equipment. In addition, the Technician will develop increasing expertise and capability to assist in blending and forming various plastic materials. Scope will include troubleshooting, producing prototype and/or production thermoformed products and/or installation of new equipment and tooling.
1. Fabricate materials in support of engineering prototype activities.
2. Support thermoforming activities such as prototyping, production testing, and start-ups.
3. Assist in testing machinery.
4. Assemble and disassemble machinery.
5. Operate a fork truck to assist in machine assembly and disassembly.
6. Participate in scheduled meetings and mock production runs.
7. Travel to other plants to support new machine installation, new tool testing, and assisting with process troubleshooting or other requests.
8. Complete progress reports on project status.
9. Maintain floor stock and/or organize shelves.
10. Prepare equipment for shipment.
11. Work with other groups and departments, as needed.
12. Provide plant support via email or telephone.
1. Requires a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Requires no less than one year of mechanical, technical experience working with equipment.
3. Requires the use of hand tools.
4. Requires the ability to take simple measurements used with assembly of machinery.
5. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Requires own set of hand tools.
7. Requires the ability to travel up to 60% of the time both domestically and internationally.
8. Requires a valid driver’s license and favorable motor vehicle report.
9. Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a passport.
10. Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a fork truck license.
1. Prefer at least two years of mechanical experience.
2. Prefer at least one year of experience with machine shop tools such as drill press, grinder, mill, and lathe.
3. Prefer experience running a manufacturing process.
4. Prefer a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and email.
5. Prefer a working knowledge of basic algebra and geometry.
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.