Lansing, Michigan - Posted on May 7, 2012
Published By Michelle Evans
Job no longer available
We're sorry. This job is no longer available.
A great opportunity has become available for a Machine Designer position.
The Designer will conceptualize, design, build, test and support installation of small to moderate size prototype and production machines and/or tooling to enhance and improve production capabilities and efficiencies. The individual in this position will frequently adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards. They will often be confronted with rush or high priority projects.
1. Carries out design assignments of a routine to moderately complex scope including the development of original designs or adaptations
2. Prepares and reviews sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on product or plant equipment
3. Participates in the development of original designs or adaptations
4. Analyzes as-built design information and prepares design update plans
5. Assures designs and details adhere to the published design guidelines or specifications
6. Communicates and coordinates projects with other groups or plants
7. Analyzes and understands production processes, conceptualizes and visualizes simple layouts and provides information to assist in finding solutions of why designs do not work as expected
8. Participates in equipment installations and validations for standard and prototype production equipment
9. Perform tolerance analyses and application using GD&T to communicate relationship of part features and to prescribe the maximum allowable manufacturing tolerance within the bounds of part function
10. Provides progress reports for active projects
11. Reviews drawing packages created by Drafters to be used in the manufacturing process
12. Will aid Technicians in the assembly and testing of tooling and machinery once completed by Technicians, Model Shop, or Machinery Manufacturing to assure specifications are met
13. Communicate with outside vendors
1. Associates Degree in Engineering or an Engineering related field, with 10 years of professional technical experience.
2. Requires no less than three years of experience using basic hand tools
3. Requires no less than three years of experience using word processing, spreadsheet software, internet and email
4. Requires no less than four years of experience using a 3-D Computer Aided Design system
5. Requires experience using problem solving techniques
6. Requires experience with applying and interpreting Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
7. Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
8. Requires a valid driver’s license and favorable motor vehicle report
9. Requires the ability to obtain a passport
10. Requires the ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25% of the time
Trillium Staffing has been recruiting and placing professionals for over 25 years. From Fortune 100 companies to small businesses, our philosophy remains the same: to achieve excellence by providing quality employees and an uncompromising level of service. We believe in honesty, integrity, and a simple philosophy of providing value to our customers and our employees. We strive to be unsurpassed in the recruitment and placement of quality and skilled professionals. Trillium is an Equal Opportunity Employer.